The Echo welcomes article ideas for the paper. Because we are a small team we rely on contributions from people living and working in Waltham Forest – and everyone is free to pitch a story to us.
We will discuss your article idea with you before confirming if it is something we’d like to include. Please read the submission guidelines below before emailing us at WFEcho@socialspider.com.
- Features: Between 350 and 600 words focusing on a particular community organisation or project in the borough. Can be written in a more relaxed style, in the first person; discussing how the featured subject was started, who’s involved, and what impact it’s having on the borough.
- Interviews: Up to 600 words focusing on a particular person who has an active role in the community or who has an interesting perspective on a chosen subject relevant to the borough.
- Comment: Up to 450 words commenting on a subject relevant to the borough, and on which you have a unique perspective.
- Events: Up to 450 words either reviewing or previewing an event taking place in the borough. Event organisers are also welcome to write an article about what they are planning.
- Letters: We welcome letters of up to 200 words on topics relevant to the borough. Please include your name and either your street address, or name of the organisation you are writing on behalf of.
- Listings: Community listings for local, low-cost events can be submitted via an online form on the WalthamStuff website.
Not all submissions we receive can be included in the paper. We will email you to confirm if we intend to use your article or not. Professional journalists are also welcome to pitch original news stories to us.
Our next print deadline is Tuesday 20th July.