Terms and conditions for the competition published in Issue 45 of Waltham Forest Echo
1. The promoter is: Waltham Forest Echo whose registered office is at The Mill 7-11 Coppermill Lane, Walthamstow, London E17 7HA.
2. The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over except employees of Social Spider, Turtle Bay, and New York Hair Design and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
5. Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person or household will be disqualified.
6. Closing date for entry will be 19th December 2018. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
7. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
8. The winners of the competition will be decided by the editorial team of Waltham Forest Echo
9. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, natural disaster, or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
10. The prize is as follows:-
A meal for two people at Turtle Bay and a hair restyle for one person. The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
11. Winners will be chosen from all entries received and verified by the promoter.
12. The winner/s will be notified by email and/or letter within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner/s cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner/s and pick a replacement winner/s.
13. The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize/s can be collected.
14. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by [English] law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of [England].
17. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current [UK] GDPR legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
18. The winner’s name will be available 28 days after the closing date by emailing the following address: WFEcho@socialspider.com.
19: The winner agrees to partake in some public relations activity with the promoters, Turtle Bay and New York Hair Design.