Want to write for Waltham Forest Echo?
We will discuss your article idea with you before confirming if it is something we’d like to include. Please read the submission guidelines below before emailing us via WFEcho@socialspider.com.
Article submission guidelines
- News: Between 250 and 500 words focusing on a topical news item that you think is important or interesting in the borough. Must include relevant facts, background information, and quotes from people involved.
- Features: Between 500 and 1,000 words focusing on a particular community organisation or project in the borough. Can be written in a more relaxed style, in the first person; discussing how the featured subject was started, who’s involved, and what impact it’s having on the borough.
- Interviews: Up to 1,000 words focusing on a particular person who has an active role in the community or who has an interesting perspective on a chosen subject relevant to the borough.
- Comment: Up to 500 words commenting on a subject relevant to the borough, and on which you have a unique perspective.
- Events: Up to 500 words either reviewing or previewing an event taking place in the borough. Event organisers are also welcome to write an article about what they are planning.
- Letters: We welcome letters of up to 250 words on topics relevant to the borough. Please include your name and either your street address, or name of the organisation you are writing on behalf of.
- Listings: Community listings for local, low-cost events can be submitted via an online form on the WalthamStuff website. For inclusion in the paper please send your listing by the 15th of the month prior to the month when the event is due to take place.
Please bear in mind that not all submissions we receive can be included in the paper. We will email you to confirm if we intend to use your article or not. Unfortunately we are currently unable to pay for submissions.
For more detailed advice on writing an article for the Echo, please download the Echo Writing Guide. For the Echo‘s house style please download the Echo Style Guide. And if you are submitting an image with your article please download the Echo Image Guide.
Our next print deadline is Wednesday 20th June.